Trust Central Team - Community Duty Officer
Community Duty Officer
Grade 2.1 (£9.81 per hour)
Ad Hoc Basis
The de Ferrers Trust
The de Ferrers Trust is looking to recruit keen and conscientious Community Duty Officers. Located in Burton upon Trent, with over 700 colleagues working across the Multi Academy Trust, this is an excellent opportunity for an experienced and focused individual to join the team at central trust level. The Community Duty Officer role will provide various levels of Lettings support in Academies across the Trust.
Successful applicants will join a small and supportive team of staff and be able to make a positive contribution to the development of the Academy. You will be directly responsible for the venue and the lettings customers during the lettings hours as directed by the Trust Lettings Manager.
- To be responsible for the opening and locking of the buildings for community activities as directed, which can be daytime, evening and at weekends.
- To maintain the highest level of customer service at all times and be a friendly and welcoming face of the lettings team
- To provide on-site security during lettings hours, and the supervision of the buildings and grounds to prevent damage and misuse of the facilities
- To assist with the setting up and clearing away of equipment and furniture required for lettings use
- To be familiar with and adhere to the Health and Safety Policy
- To take all reasonable steps to ensure users comply with the Health and Safety Policy and Conditions of Hire, including the enforcement of the ‘No Smoking’ policy at all Trust venues
- To ensure that correct procedures are adopted in the event of an emergency
We are looking for a polite and friendly person who is capable of being responsible for the security of the whole venue during lettings hours. Prior experience of being a key holder is desirable but not essential. Previous experience of lone working is also desirable but not essential.
You will be the customer face of our lettings team and must be able to demonstrate an excellent standard of customer service. You will be punctual and professional in your manner and of smart appearance at all times.
Continuing Professional Development
The Trust believes that professional development is key to successful and happy employees and offers excellent opportunities for you to grow and achieve. We provide tailored Continuing Professional Development, mentoring, support and a range of development opportunities across the Trust.
The de Ferrers Trust strives to be ‘Employer of Choice’ and are committed to the wellbeing and development of colleagues. Offering an excellent benefit package which includes:
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Taste Card
· Employee Assistance Programme
· Discounted gym membership
Please see below key dates relating to our application process
Start Date – ASAP
How to Apply:
Email your application to email@example.com. You must complete an application form to be considered. Due to safeguarding reasons we cannot accept C.Vs.
Please note: Completed applications should be received by 9:00am on the closing date.
If you do not hear back after 5 working days from closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Due to the volume of applications we receive, it is not policy to give individual feedback at this stage.
If you would like more information regarding this apprenticeship, or have any other queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and this position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
All applicants must be able to provide documentation to prove their right to work in the UK.