The de Ferrers Academy - Business Administration Apprentice
Business Administration Apprentice
Meets national minimum wage
37 hours at 39.2 weeks, Term Time plus INSET days.
Fixed Term for 18 months
1st September 2021
The de Ferrers Academy
Location: Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire, DE13 0LL
The de Ferrers Academy is a part of The de Ferrers Trust. We are a Multi Academy Trust currently based in Staffordshire and Derbyshire. We consist of 3 Secondary Academies and 4 Primary Academies.
Following on from 10 years as a specialist Technology College, de Ferrers became an Academy in January 2011. It has grown into a large, split-site, co-educational institution catering for the full range of students from ages 11-18. In 2015 de Ferrers became the first school of The de Ferrers Trust (a Multi Academy Trust).
Our vision is to ensure that all the children and young people in our care have the opportunity to fulfil their potential through achieving highly, regardless of their ability or background.
At The de Ferrers Academy we believe in working hard, being kind and choosing wisely. We are privileged to work in a community where we have a positive impact on children’s lives and future every day.
The de Ferrers Academy has an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and driven individual to join the Business Administration team.
Your duties and assignments will allow you to develop the skills and experience that you’ll require to develop expertise in the education sector, either through working in operational teams or on projects. During this time, you’ll combine on-the-job learning with formal, nationally recognised development training modules and have the opportunity to gain a Business Administration Level 3 qualification.
You will possess good numeracy and literacy skills equivalent to GCSE grade C in Maths and English. The position will be 37 hours per week, 39.2 weeks per year. This Apprenticeship is offered as fixed term based on 18 months and will lead to the attainment of Level 3 in Business Administration.
In addition, you’ll be someone who has:
- A drive to learn, enabling you to support the delivery of a quality service and relay information to our colleagues.
- An interest in the use of technology, you’ll demonstrate IT ability with a view to eventually being able to format data and convey complex information clearly and concisely.
- Effective communication with a confident nature in problem solving and expressing ideas is encouraged.
- Adaptability - You’ll be able to learn quickly which will enable you to respond to changing priorities and engage in managing numerous tasks with conflicting requirements, deadlines and priorities.
- The ability to collaborate – You’ll be someone who is happy to develop and maintain credibility in team working, both at a local and wider Trust level.
- Strong personal resilience to remain motivated and focused.
- A continuous improvement mind-set.
Continuing Professional Development
The Trust believes that professional development is key to successful employees and offers excellent opportunities for you to grow and achieve. We provide tailored Continuing Professional Development, mentoring, support and a range of development opportunities across the Trust.
The de Ferrers Trust strives to be ‘Employer of Choice’ and are committed to the wellbeing and development of colleagues. Offering an excellent benefit package which includes:
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Taste Card
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Access to a fully fitted fitness suite, located on site at The de Ferrers Academy.
Applicants for positions are welcome to visit the Academy by contacting the Academy on 01283 247700.
How to Apply:
Closing date: 7th June 2021
Interview date: 10th June 2021
Start date: 1st September 2021
You can apply directly to the Trust HR Team via the Trust website www.deferrerstrust.com or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must complete an application form to be considered. Due to safeguarding reasons we cannot accept C.Vs.
Please note: Completed applications should be received by 9:00am on the closing date.
If you do not hear back after 5 working days from closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Due to the volume of applications we receive, it is not policy to give individual feedback at this stage.
If you would like to discuss the role, or have any other queries, please contact 01283 247700 and ask to speak to Sarah Wain, HR Officer.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and this position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
All applicants must be able to provide documentation to prove their right to work in the UK.