The de Ferrers Trust is seeking excellent individuals who can offer their time and expertise to sit on the Trust Board. Formed in 2015, this multi academy trust comprises of four primary and three secondary schools based in Staffordshire and Derbyshire educating approximately 5,000 children and young people between the ages of 3 and 19.
The de Ferrers Trust comprises of The de Ferrers Academy, Eton Park Junior, Horninglow Primary, Lansdowne, The Pingle Academy, Granville Academy and Richard Wakefield C.E. Primary Academy.
The Trust Vision, Ethos and Values
The trust believes that all children and young people in its care should have the opportunity to fulfil their potential through achieving a high level of education, regardless of their ability or background.
It aims to aspire and achieve.
Plans for the future
The key challenges for the board over the next 12-24 months are:
- To improve student achievements and exceed national standards.
- To strengthen governance through appointment of additional trustees.
- To ensure effective succession planning for strong governance.
- To embed trust procedures and practice
Trustees – or non-executive directors - are both charity trustees and company directors of the academy trust. They have three core functions:-
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding executive leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the organisation and making sure its money is well spent.
The competencies required for this role include:
Essential (due to multiple roles, candidates may be accepted who possess one or more of the skills below)
- CFO/ Finance
- Risk CEO/General Management
- Growth Management Branding/Marketing
- Corporate Governance
- Real estate/ Property
- Previous experience as a non-executive/trustee
A minimum of 6 hours per month. Board meetings are held at The de Ferrers Academy, St Mary's Drive, Burton on Trent in the early evening.
Please find below a role descriptor that will provide further information on the role.
If you would like to discuss the role, or have any other queries, please contact the Director of Governance and Compliance via email email@example.com or phone 01283 372609.
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and this position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.