Governance Meetings and Training
Details as to Attendance at meetings for 2016-17 can be found next to the details regarding each member, director or governor.
Our Annual Calendar of Meetings for 2017-18 can be found below.
"The role (of a governor) is so important that amateurish governance will no longer do. Good will and good intentions will only go so far. Governing boards made up of people who are not properly trained and who do not understand the importance of their role are not fit for purpose in the modern and complex educational landscape."
Sir Michael Wilshaw - November 2015
With this in mind the Trust has worked with all members, governors and directors to provide continuous professional development to assist them in acquiring the skills required to fulfil their role.
In 2016-17 members, governors and directors attending the following training:-
- Level 1 Safeguarding
- Level 2 Safeguarding
- Designated Safeguarding Lead Training
- Safeguarding - The Link Governor
- Safer Recruitment
- Introduction to Governance
- iPads for beginners
- How to use The Trust Governor
- Managing Allegations Against Staff
- The National Governance Association's Annual Conference
- Ofsted's First Governance Webinar
- The role of a Pay Committee
- Primary Data
- Pupil Premium
- Secondary Data
- Progress 8
The Annual Training Programme for 2017-18 is located below.