Clerk to the Local Governing Bodies (Job Share)
Clerks to the Local Governing Bodies
Salary: Grade 6 - £11.88 (6.1) rising to £13.37 (6.7) per hour
Hours: No more than 7hrs per meeting (including attendance and preparation)
Working Pattern: Casual, approximately 5 meetings per year, per school
Starting: As soon as possible
Due to an overwhelming response to our current vacancies, we may choose to close the vacancy earlier than the published date. Please therefore submit your application as quickly as possible.
Please note, due to the nature of this role, it could be carried out by 1-3 people depending on the arrangement in place. Therefore if you would be interested in some hours, but not all, please also get in touch.
The de Ferrers Trust is a Multi Academy Trust based in Burton upon Trent and currently has four Primary Academies and three Secondary Academies. Our Vision is to ensure that all the children and young people in our care have the opportunity to fulfil their potential through achieving highly, regardless of their ability or background through the following strategic aims:
- Deliver a high-quality education for all pupils
- Recruit, develop and retain high-calibre members of staff
- Establish and develop robust governance
- Ensure financial probity and viability
- Develop a highly-efficient trust infrastructure and central services
- Establish effective systems to support the sustainable growth of the trust.
We are currently seeking to appoint a Clerk to Governors to join our team who is professional, personable and efficient.
The Clerk's main role is to provide professional clerking services to the Local Governing Body, Pay Committee and any panels. You will:
- Provide a full clerking service to the Local Governing Body;
- Be able to take accurate minutes from your own notes and then produce well-presented minutes for distribution;
- Collate and distribute agendas and associated paperwork in advance of meetings;
- Be available to take minutes at a minimum of 15 meetings throughout the year. Meetings will normally take place in the evenings;
- Provide procedural and legal advice and guidance;
- Maintain accurate records.
Experience is desirable but not essential as training will be provided. A positive attitude to personal development and training with a flexible approach to working hours would be welcomed.
Please note, we will welcome applications on a job share basis for this role. If you want to be considered for less meetings per year, please confirm this within your application.
Candidates will need excellent administration and communication skills, with experience of minute taking. They will need good interpersonal and organisation skills and be competent in the use of Microsoft software, email and internet and will ideally have access to a computer.
Preparation and attendance for evening meetings will be payable on an hourly rate. This is usually approximately 7 hours per meeting.
For further information about the role, over the summer holidays please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this role, please complete a support staff application form and send either by email to email@example.com or sent to
C/O The de Ferrers Academy, Trent Campus, St Mary’s Drive
Burton upon Trent
Staffordshire DE13 0LL
Tel: 01283 239936
An application from can be downloaded from this page.
This Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and this position is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure check under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.