Clerk to the Governing Body - Granville
Clerk to the Governing Body
Required September 2017
Grade 7 - £11.27 - £12.41 per hour
Granville Sports College are currently in the process of joining The de Ferrers Trust and we are seeking a Clerk to the Governing Body to start in the new academic year from September 2017.
The Clerk's main role is to provide professional clerking services to the Local Governing Body, Pay Committee and any panels. You will:
• Provide a full clerking service to the Local Governing Body;
• Be able to take accurate minutes from your own notes and then produce well-presented minutes for distribution;
• Collate and distribute agendas and associated paperwork in advance of meetings;
• Be available to take minutes at a minimum of 7 meetings throughout the year. Meetings will normally take place in the evenings;
• Provide procedural and legal advice and guidance;
• Maintain accurate records. Experience is desirable but not essential as training will be provided.
Candidates must be competent in the use of a word processor, email and internet and will ideally have access to a computer. Preparation and attendance for evening meetings will be payable on an hourly rate. For further information about the role, please contact Granville Sports College office on 01283 216765. To apply for this role, please complete a support staff application form. This can be accessed via the Trust’s website www.deferrerstrust.com.